Office Contact No.: 2866 8233
Fax: 2866 7858
Called to the Hong Kong Bar in 1994
Languages: English, Mandarin and Cantonese
1. Emily was graduated from the Arts Faculty of the University of Hong Kong majoring in History and she was awarded with the Degree of B.A. Honours.
2. She then joined the Hong Kong Police Force as an inspector.
Majority of her police experiences were in the Criminal Investigation Department at regional level for investigation and detection of criminal cases. She was promoted up to the rank of Acting Chief Inspector when she left the Police Force.
3. She passed the Common Professional Examinations of the University of Manchester and obtained the PCLL at the HKU in 1994.
Criminal Litigation experiences
4. Emily was appointed as the Deputy District Judge in the criminal jurisdiction of the District Court in May, June & August of 2019.
5. She is regularly instructed by the Department of Justice to prosecute criminal cases for the HKSAR government at all levels of Courts.
6. She is regularly instructed by the Legal Aid Department and law firms as defence counsel in criminal trials and appeals.